Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pheonix....A new Identity

In Greek Mythology  the Phoenix is a symbol or rebirth and regeneration where it obtains  a new life from the ashes of the past.Many of us have suffered some sort of trauma or hurt in our past .While browsing through the old post part of me wanted to just remove it from the site because as many of you reader do not know.. my last relationship ended....fatal...in this case  not literally but tragically where both parties are at different healing  levels .Some questions were left unanswered and quiet frankly... its for the best.. However after my last conversation with my ex I realized that I had grown.I was no longer the little meek woman who could not defend herself.I wasn't the door mat of mental and emotional abuse nor was I the pathetic girl  played the suicide card to get attention.Im speaking to you all real here..because I am just that.. a human being with real emotions even though many of them are pathetic and pitiful.But from then on I grew......I was no longer trapped in my ashes.

I became the Phoenix  coming out to the ashes and ready to take flight.


I found myself  following the teaching of Buddhist  and some practices of Hinduism.... Buddhism has its perks.... ive learnt to deal with the four noble truths  which are ( Dukkha/suffering as being  an inherent part of existence) Sumudaya (the cause of suffering is desire.Nirodha ( Suffering  can be ended  by detached  oneself) Magga ( the  Eightfold path  to eliminate desire and overcome  the ego).Everyday  I say the heart chakra  mantra ..Om Mani Padme Hum  it helps me to  keep calm and think about my actions before I  do them.It's a prayer I say to God asking him  to help me in my paths . To this I use a Japa mala  which  has 108  beads all use to help me say this prayer 108 times.In Hinduism  the Guru Gita  is used to worship the Guru or   teacher in this case its to focus on God and having your heart reverend to  him.It quiet long and almost (to me) impossible to concentrate on so I like to dedicate it to someone I  care about .Sometimes that person is myself.This is so because at times,I think that no one else  needs the help more than I do..


 Its 2013 .... The more I see the more I learn , the more I feel the more I over come, the more I observe the more I understand.I thank God  that I have been through what I did..I heard a saying that if God didnt think you were capable of  handling and overcoming a situation he wouldnt have  given it to you in the first place.I think I really needed to walk through that fire  to become who I am now.The person I was back then.. was weak, and would have been destroyed easily in this new year .Coming to think of it  I think at the end of it I became a woman.I became a new person equipped to deal with whatever  comes my way... this is me... sprung from the ashes of my past... Phoenix

1 comment:

  1. I had to re-read your profile once more... to remind myself that the list of characteristics, which you have presented, amount to the sum-total of a very desireable woman. What I find truly amazing is that there, as in this article, you do not describe yourself as being attractive, all the evidence of your presence says that you are very much so... Remain strong, resilient, and trust your own instincts. We know (there's that word, again!) that they tend to be correct. Welcome, to the new you!

    ReplyDelete